HAPPY HOLIDAYS | Laveda D. Rockford

 


HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I have not been feeling well for the last few days, but I am getting better. And today, I have done a few things around the house and finished adding a couple more decorations. My Mother, Aunt Bonnie and I like to have our house decorated for Christmas before the Thanksgiving festivities. Not only because we love Christmas, but because it gets colder as the days grow shorter and all of us do not like the cold. But we love this time of the year.

Bonnie has been in the kitchen dishing up delicious dishes for a gathering tomorrow. I am disappointed that I will not be in attendance because I am being cautious for mine and everyone else’s sake. Take a look at what our kitchen looks like today. From the green and red apples, roasted pecans, and pumpkin, with a fresh turkey getting ready for its dressing.

Fun times in the kitchen this time of the year. And that is not all. We have three trees, well, actually four. I let my Mother use the little tree that I was gifted with when I had an apartment in Dallas, Texas. Since you have already seen a photo of it, I will show you the new trees.


The first tree I would like to tell you about is decorated using a design that my aunt Bonnie saw in a magazine from the Smithsonian. It is called an Angel Tree. It depicts the night that our savior was born with a nativity in front of and below the 
Angel tree. 
There is a beautiful golden star shining down from the ceiling above. The angels are watching with amazement at this, in between the heavenly sight and the sight below where the Christ child is bestowed. Such a beautiful sight and brings home the reason we celebrate the season.


I love using natural items in my Christmas tree, so the second tree is what I call a Rose Tree, because He arose. Red roses this year depict His blood that covers our sins, the reason that He was brought forth in the first place.


The third tree is a small little tree, looking natural for the season. No one thought that the son of God would come wrapped up in the natural body of a child.


It is so interesting that God would give us Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and our New Years all rolled up in such a short time span. It sure does make the winter months not so cold and dreary.

Well, I hope to post another excerpt of my second screenplay next time. God bless and have a wonderful week!

Love always,

Laveda D. Rockford

© 2022 Laveda D. Rockford


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford