Beautiful Flowers | Laveda D. Rockford

 


Beautiful Flowers

I have not posted in a while. I had to take a break because of everything happening in the world. Terrible people with nothing more to do than cause turmoil. Not only that, but the weather also is causing strange things to happen, bigger than before, or maybe, I just have been noticing more lately.

My heart cries for all who are going through tragedies and that is why I had to rest. Rest in the Lord. I spent time on myself, and He strengthened me. You know, He says that He will do that for all of us. All you have to do is ask. Lord Jesus, strengthen me.

I have been designing my flower garden this year and started digging in the lovely Missouri soil. I would imagine that my neighbors thought I was crazy last year for planting a few shrubs in the middle of my yard, but it all takes time to dig a flower garden and at the end of last summer when I purchased the shrubs at a discount, they were placed where I thought they should go. However, every gardener knows that plants can be moved, and the design grows with you as it moves you. Everything looks like it will fit in with the main scheme of things, but I had to move one little tree. And I might move a few other plants back closer to the fence. It just so happened that where I wanted the fence installed did not work out with the size because of the gate. It would have had a small section that would look very weird. So, things happen, and plans change.

I planted a few violas this spring even though it is not past the last frost date. They manage a little frost which is okay with me. Here is a cute photo of them. And I did not photoshop it. That is their little faces. They look sad, well, that is understandable with my previous explanation about my delay in posting. But they sure are cute!



Of course, we have daffodils blooming everywhere. The photo above shows their beautiful white cape shimmering in the evening sun which surrounds their yellow center as if it is announcing that spring is here. Just beautiful!

And this photo is of the annuals that I will use in the flower garden. I love beautiful flowers. I cannot wait to get these out there. But they cannot handle frost which means that I will have the enjoyment of watching them bloom right here.

Well, that is all I have for now. God bless and Happy Easter! My heart and prayers go out to all who are suffering. Just know that we who post or write are not indifferent to your struggles.

Love always,

Laveda D. Rockford

© 2023 Laveda D. Rockford

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford