First Things First | Laveda D. Rockford

 

Laveda D. Rockford
Laveda D. Rockford at home

First Things First

I have to share this photo with you. The photo below is a new painting that I have been working on. And let me tell you, it is not easy when you work with oil paint. I am not in a hurry to finish it because of that. It just reminds me of how faithful God is and it was something that I needed for myself. It is like a reminder of where God is and what He is up to. We, the human race, are not forgotten by Him.

There is a verse in the Bible that says He is patient and kind not wanting anyone to perish. If that is how God is, why would we be any other way? When I pray for people, I pray only good things for them. My heart is right and I am serious about that. Some people would say that I am naive to think that I could have an influence in this big old world, but I have seen things that are evidence of the opposite. I can be effective in someone’s life. Those that I know and those that I do not know personally. And those that I do not know personally are extremely interesting and challenging.

The Lord laid it on my heart to pray for three men who have made it through Hollywood. I know that they have been through some tough situations, and the Lord wants them to know that He loves them. He sees them and knows them. God is funny that way. He does not think someone has gone too far or stepped out too much to be unlovable. Not saying that these men have done that. I do not know their personal situations. I was just prompted to pray for them. They could be lonely, unhappy, or wondering if someone really cares. I do not know. But I am praying for them. Some people get so involved with their daily activities that they forget that someone sees them and cares. May God answer my prayers concerning these men.

As for me, I have decided to spend more time writing my third addition of the Yahreh series. I have already started it and have a detailed idea running around in my brain. It is going to be an exciting addition to the first two books and screenplays. After having said that, I must add that I have a lot of responsibilities and a very demanding cat. If you were here right now, you would know that I had to stop typing this to feed her. She has an internal time clock that is almost right on time. I really do not need an alarm to wake me up in the morning because she will be outside my door making demands at 4:30am. I set my alarm around 5:00am.

Oh, the life of an artist. Gotta love it!

God bless and have a blessed week.

Love always,

Laveda D. Rockford

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mitten According To Mr. Kinder | short story by Laveda D. Rockford

Wafting Through The Air

THE BRIDGE | Laveda D. Rockford