YAHREH: LET THERE BE LIGHT

YAHREH is the screenplay of Captive Deliverance, a Christian Mystery Crime Drama.

In this excerpt, the beginning is the evidence of Light. No matter where Gina is, whether in the depths, or in the heights, GOD is with her.

YAHREH, screenplay

***

FADE IN

EXT. HELICOPTER SHOT

The scene opens up looking through the trees onto a blacktop road meandering through the hillside. The front of Gina’s car is seen driving through the scenic route. The helicopter shot continues to circle the car until it focuses on the back of the car.

ELS GINA’S CAR

Gina’s car, being driven by Fred, down a two-lane highway. The blacktop curves in the distance. Small hills and beautiful trees line the road. No sound or traffic at all. It’s a beautiful day with billowing clouds passing overhead.
YAHREH, screenplay


MOVING SHOT

The camera draws close to the passenger side window. Gina, looking out the window toward the sky. When she looks toward the heavens, a look of amazement shows on her face.

FS GOD’S FOOTPRINTS

A portrait of God’s footprint in the clouds.

SWITCH ANGLE FS GINA THROUGH THE FRONT WINDSHIELD

GINA:
“Look… there’s GOD’S footprint! He’s walking around the earth. I wonder what He’s thinking?”

SWITCH ANGLE

When Gina begins to tell her story, the camera lowers from God’s footprint to watch Gina’s car driving down the highway. When it reaches the top of the trees, birds sing quietly in the background while the car continues through the hillside.

GINA’S VOICE-OVER:
“My first encounter with God was when I was nine years old. I was riding my bike when I was involved in some kind of accident.”

SUPERIMPOSE OVER THE SCENE, FADE IN

FS A MAN CARRYING A YOUNG GINA
A man is carrying a young unconscious Gina to her house.

GINA’S VOICE-OVER:
“When one of our neighbors found me, I was unconscious and in shock. This moment began my faith in God.”

 FADE IN
A heavenly area as in the center of a white puffy cloud without the density.

FS THROUGH GINA’S EYES LOOKING DOWN

Gina glimpses God’s feet when they would slip out from under His white robe with every step He took.

GINA’S VOICE-OVER:
“While I was unconscious, I walked with God. I remember walking and talking with Him and He gave me a choice to make. I remember feeling like I agreed to something and that something was big! So, I chose to pick up my cross and follow Him. I gave my life to do as He saw fit. When we finished speaking, I heard someone crying. I said,
“Listen, there’s a baby crying.”

FADE IN LOOKING THROUGH THE CEILING OF GINA’S CHILDHOOD HOME

A young Gina is sitting in the living room chair crying. The camera follows Gina when she floats back into her body.

GINA’S VOICE-OVER:
“I looked down to the earth and saw myself sitting in a chair in my mother’s living room. I said,
“Well, Well, that’s ME!”

And at that very moment, I floated straight through the roof of our home back into my body.”

***

I decided to start my screenplay with a 'Let There Be Light' scenario. In this excerpt, the beginning is the evidence of Light, there can be no darkness without the Light, but Light can exist without darkness.

If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.”  ~Psalm 139:8-10

YAHREH is a Christian Crime Drama and registered with Writers Guild of America West.


© 2012 Laveda D. Rockford
© 2018 Laveda D. Rockford
     Dallas, Texas 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford