THE BRIDGE | Laveda D. Rockford

 THE BRIDGE | Laveda D. Rockford

 

I would like to introduce you to: The Bridge

My first commissioned painting.

 

THE BRIDGE
an oil painting by
Laveda D. Rockford

I could tell you about my painting and how hard it was to paint, but I am moved to talk about something else. God. I am a Christian and believe that Jesus Christ came to earth as a baby, died on a cross for our sins, and arose from death, conquering death.

 

God is the Alpha and the Omega, what happens in-between should interest all of us, but no matter what, we can be sure to live in eternity with the LORD.

 

The LORD the Shepherd of His People

A Psalm of David

 

The LORD is my shepherd;

I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures;

He leads me beside the still waters.

He restores my soul;

He leads me in paths of righteousness

For His name’s sake.

 

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of

   death,

I will fear no evil;

For You are with me;

Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

 

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my

   enemies;

You anoint my head with oil;

My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me

All the days of my life;

And I will dwell in the house of the LORD

Forever.

Psalm 23

 

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his works. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.         Rev. 22:12-14

My heart and prayers go out to the innocent people who have been caught in the middle of a war. A war they did not choose, a war they did not want, and a war they could not avoid.

One day there will be war no more. Until then, my prayers are for thousands of people who are hurting.

With love,

Laveda D. Rockford

© 2022 Laveda D. Rockford




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford