PRESSED AND SHAKEN UP: AN URGENCY TO REACH OUT

I have been pressed and shaken up to write this post. My heart breaks over the sadness that I see in the world. This is not the world that I grew up in.

I spent this past week going to services at a church camp meeting. I attended this same church camp when I was a little girl. I have fond memories of my Grandmother singing in her alto voice, listening to good sermons, and yes, alter calls.

Not much has changed when it comes to the gathering of those who want to serve the Lord, but what has changed is the knowledge that time has moved on from that time long ago. There is an urgency to reach out to the lost soul.

The recent disgusting acts of people this past weekend shows us how urgent it is. The desperate cry of a generation that knows nothing about God. Don't think that we have failed, for we are made for such a time as this and we stand.

To encourage those working to spread the gospel of peace, I want to share the portion that I included in our church bulletin.
___

Paul wrote these words to the church of the Thessalonians.

"Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God." (I Thessalonians 1:3-4 KJV)

The works of faith are evident in the eyes of God and man, but it cannot fulfill its abundance without including the labour of love which the patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ completes through the work of the Holy Spirit.

Faith, love and hope are words to live by daily. Rise up in faith, love always, and let hope carry you through.
___

So stand firm on the foundation of the gospel of peace. Knowing that some will come to know God in desperate times.

My heart and prayers go out to the affected communities that have suffered from terrible acts from lost souls. May God lead the community Christian leaders to comfort those in need.

With Love,
Laveda D. Rockford

Laveda D. Rockford
Pressed And Shaken Up: An Urgency To Reach Out

© 2019 Laveda D. Rockford
     Osceola, Missouri USA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford