PEACE IN THE STORM

It has been some time since I last posted because of the unrest and terrible things my eyes have seen. My heart breaks over what I see happening in this beautiful country. America was not made for this, America was founded on freedom - freedom to live without fear, freedom to worship without fear, and freedom to pursue happiness. Happiness is far from reach while I look at the carnage littering our streets. It has become a circus with no one in mind. Not one person is thinking of the other. Shameful! I think we have all forgotten what America is and what it stands for….. Brotherly love, kindness, and so much more. 

Where I come from, neighbor helps neighbor, and it doesn’t matter what color you are. Many people have lost all that they had while waiting out the horror of COVID-19. Who is going to help them? The stores are servicing your neighborhoods. Why destroy what is needed? Why? This past week or so was a time that I only relied on scripture to stand and live in peace while the world went crazy. Here are a couple of scripture verses that helped me. 

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. 
 Psalm 23 

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ told us not to fear. Fear not. The Bible tells us that fear comes from the evil one. Which reminds me of a verse in Isaiah: 

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 
Isaiah 41:10 

The terrible things that have happened in our country recently is beyond my understanding. I cannot hurt people and I am outraged that people have no care for the people in their own community. It’s time for this carnage to stop! If not for yourself, then for your Grandmother who would turn over in her grave, knowing the shocking things that have been done at your hands. Why did I say Grandmother? Because I know the people in that day and age and they had more respect and love in their heart than anything I have seen come out of this travesty. If you didn’t have a Grandmother, then think back to the older generation that you were around before you became an adult. The older generation knows what it’s like to go through devastating things and they understand what it takes to go on after a tragedy. They supported each other and it wasn’t by taking their anger out on innocent victims. 

How I long for those days, but I look forward to a better day. The day when we can live together in peace and help those who have been harmed during this tragedy. 

These flowers go out to those who are suffering from loss, from pain, and hopelessness. May God be with you, and may you find peace through the storm, and may the storm soon be over! 

A White Flower for Peace
June 2020
With love, 

Laveda D. Rockford 

© 2020 Laveda D. Rockford

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford