ELOQUENCE | Laveda D. Rockford

 

Laveda D. Rockford

ELOQUENCE

I may not speak with eloquence about a seed or thought, but I know that what I do matters. I may not be the most beautiful woman in the world, but I know that who I am matters. I can speak about many things that other people can understand because I do not think more highly of myself than others. I learned how to treat people and not because I am all that, but from the ill treatment of others toward me. I learned from hard knocks that to become something better than what you have experienced is more eloquent than being like the ones who have hurt you. This is called the school of hard knocks. It is easy to enter and become a student, but it is extremely hard to graduate on. Graduation means that you have learned something. And what I have learned is that not all people are the same, but we all hurt the same. Whether it be feelings, physical or emotional, it is how we grow into something better than what we have been taught.

I have learned how to stand in the world of harsh words, mean attitudes, and rough treatment. And I stand now to tell you that there is a better way. When you want to have influence in the world, you change it one person at a time. You try to reach the lost person with your heart. And if that person decides that living in the world of hard knocks is what they prefer, then wish them well and go on about your way. Just maybe the seed that you plant will one day take root.

I am not the savior of the world, but I know the one who is and that sustains me. I get my value from Him and Him alone. I would hope to have friends, real friends one day but until then, Jesus is the one. I do not want to die alone, but the more I live, how could I live with someone who would rather despise me than regard me as Christ does? I do not know if I will ever marry again, but if I grow into an old age alone, so be it. At fifty-eight years old, I have a good long life ahead of me. But I do not and should not have to endure only. I can and will live the life that Christ has given me whether you like it or not. So, it is up to you to speak your words and treat me as if I do not matter. That is okay because every hurt will be answered for one day. And that, I passionately believe.

Jesus Christ is my savior who will one day judge the world. And I cannot wait for that day. Thank God that I am not the judge, we are different in so many ways. He is patient, and kind not wanting anyone to perish. While me, I would like some relief from the emotional pain that I have had to endure. Sadness, of how people treat each other is something that I cannot tolerate. However, I have learned well how to tolerate it. I guess growing from glory to glory is not just a fairytale, it is an actual growth into what Christ set for each of His true followers.

May I be as gracious and kind as He one day. I try and succeed some days, other days I am quiet and afraid of saying the wrong thing. Oh, the tyranny of it all living here on earth. Oh, how I wait for the day that heaven sings! And I would prefer all of you to join me in heaven’s song one day. It is the humblest of hearts that want all people to enjoy eternity.

The world is saddening. I remember reading about another time when God was saddened by it all. And that saddens me, too. I would love to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living before the end and I have full intention of trying to fulfil the intent of what the Gospel of peace says. Love one another as Christ loved all of us. It actually says to love one another. Well, I do love you and hope the best for each and every one of you.

God bless and have a blessed week.

Love always,

Laveda D. Rockford

© 2022 Laveda D. Rockford


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford