CHRYSANTHEMUMS IN BLOOM: The Fall Garden Daisy | Laveda D. Rockford

 


CHRYSANTHEMUMS IN BLOOM: The Fall Garden Daisy

As you know I have been planting a new flower garden in my backyard. In the design I have incorporated perennials with spring, summer, and fall interest. Once it is in place, the maintenance should not be difficult. Anyway, that is the goal.

Chrysanthemums are in bloom in my area and at the peak of their cycle. Whether pink, white, yellow, or brown, the chrysanthemum is the autumn flower power. It not only is pleasing to the eye, but it also welcomes the cool evening air as a best friend, not withering at the sudden cold evenings like some of the other flowers. It was built for these cool nights. I have not planted the Chrysanthemums yet, but hopefully soon. I was asked if I needed to take them inside over the winter, but from personal knowledge, I know that Chrysanthemums function as perennials in my area.

I am still waiting on the fence to be built and hopefully soon. It will be a neat background for my design while protecting it from the elements and animals too who could glimpse their winter apparel and think it perfect for roughage.

Oh, the concerns of a gardener while dreaming of spring. Make sure to cover those crowns to protect them from freeze and thaw at the beginning and end of winter. A thick covering of fallen leaves should do for most and we will have plenty of those. Gardening is really up to the gardener. Some say that leaves could cause disease, others say use them. Well, I am one of those that say, if you wait until it is cold enough, the enough of cold is good. In other words, the chilly air takes care of any disease that could occur as long as you remove the leaves before spring growth and rains begin.

Here are a few photos of Chrysanthemums that I took for your enjoyment.

 




Any of you who are going through difficulties, just know that you are not alone. We all experience things in this world that we have no control over. The only thing that keeps me going is my belief in Jesus Christ and the peace that gives me. Without that, who knows where I would be. God bless!

Love always,

Laveda D. Rockford

© 2022 Laveda D. Rockford

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford