A New Day and Year | Laveda D. Rockford

 


In honor of my upcoming vacation and birthday, I thought posting a sweet poem would be appreciated. 

We are traveling to see a part of the country that has meaning for me and some of my ancestors. There will be three of us on this adventure. My mother, my aunt Bonnie, and me. I will share a few photos on some of my social media accounts depending on the internet connection and when I return will share more photos on my blog.

 

A New Day and Year

The beauty of trees and meadows below,

Billowy fog lifts up, drifting, oh so softly though,

Reaching for a mountain crest,

Then pushed ever so lightly in the breeze,

Up, up, to disappear only to return again,

Again and again on the morning dew,

When the sun rises above the pines and yews,

Through trail and dell as sunlight appears,

To announce the beginning of a new day and year.

 

God bless and have a blessed week.

Love always,

Laveda D. Rockford

© 2023 Laveda D. Rockford

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford