WE GOT RAIN: SOUTHERN MISSOURI PHOTOS

I spent the morning cleaning up the rock garden. The Daylilies are finished blooming, the flower stems turn a bland sand color and needed to be removed. The plants look much better! 

I planted six small rose bushes that will survive through the winter in that area. The Lavender plants are doing well but the whole garden had to be cleaned up. Pulling weeds are not fun, but someone has to do it. 

We finally received rain in southern Missouri which served to green up our yard and give us a beautiful surprise like these purple Liriope.


Here is a close-up and personal photo of a Butterfly bush spike. Look at the individual flowers reaching out into the world looking for the next butterfly to land. The soft fragrance attracts them throughout the day.  

 

This is a plant that I purchased earlier this year to fill in. It's an annual but how beautiful next to the small pink flowers accompanying it. 


Well, I hope you enjoyed my little gardening post with photos. I hope that each of you are doing well. God bless!


With love,

Laveda D. Rockford

© 2020 Laveda D. Rockford

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford