AUTUMN PLANTING | Laveda D. Rockford

 


AUTUMN PLANTING

Last Wednesday was my birthday and I celebrated with my Mother and Aunt Bonnie by traveling to a few garden centers and purchasing plants to use in my garden design.

Today was a very strenuous day. Wearing a straw hat while temperature soared into the lower 90’s, I continued the quest that I began in the early morning hours. It was nice this morning and made digging in the garden sweet.

One thing that is funny about the past few days is the rain. We have not had much rain lately and I had been concerned about the toughness of the lawn where the garden would be. Well, God came through again. While riding home from Joplin on Wednesday, it started raining. We wanted to go through Nevada and pick up a tree that was purchased but we thought better of it. I did not want a muddy mess in the vehicle, so we settled down for the night listening to the rain and watched a movie.  

It rained off and on for three days which made digging up the lawn a little easier. Do not think that this job is easy. It is not. But I know that the Lord helped me out with that rain. I had to thank Him as I always do. You never know the little blessings that He sends your way. All you have to do it keep your eyes open and heart ready to receive.

Here are a few photos that I took of a few plants.

 





I had to use a new plant around the birdbath because I could not find more Lavender. They assured me that Lavender would be available in spring. So, the little cute flying butterflies, named Whirling Butterflies (Gaura lindheimeri) worked out nicely. 

When the project is complete, I will share before and after photos. I wanted to have something beautiful for my Mother, Aunt, and me to enjoy. The perfect place to read a good book, have good conversation while drinking our favorite sweet tea, or just looking at the scenery and butterflies.

Well, I hope that you have had a nice day. I have to dig in the garden a little more tonight. Pray for me!!

God bless!

Love always,

Laveda D. Rockford

© 2022 Laveda D. Rockford


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford