BEGINNING TO GARDEN | Laveda D. Rockford

 


BEGINNING TO GARDEN

In case you have not read my update about moving into town, I told you about the backyard and the birdbath that I have the pleasure of using in the backyard design. I have been very busy with my day job and taking care of the house and yard. Not to mention the time I like spending with my mother and aunt watching movies. Yes, you could say that we watch more than we should, but my mother does not walk as well as before and watching a movie together is the way we can spend time together doing something that we all enjoy. So, I have not had the chance to start the yard projects until now.


Here is a photo of the birdbath with three Lavandula angustifolia, also known as Lavender, plants surrounding it. I thought it was an honorable day to plant these beauties. Their fragrant leaves fill the surrounding air with their lavender scent. I cannot wait to see them blossom next year. The fragrance is sweet from its fragrant leaves brings thoughts of future blooms destined to be. As a special treat for the birds, I made sure to fill the birdbath with fresh water. What a joy to know that something beautiful will happen year after year regardless of the situations that we have no control over. The future is bright when you know where you will end up.

Swirling leaves of lavender surrounding the birdbath on a sunny day finally blooms in full regalia of purple plumes with its rich fragrant oils filling the air.

God bless!

Love always,

Laveda D. Rockford

© 2022 Laveda D. Rockford


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford