HOW DO YOU SEE YOURSELF?

I am very thankful for having the day off to write. It's been on my heart for a time to write about something that I posted a long time ago.

The only way you can be good to others is by being good to yourself. Now, define good.


How do you see yourself? Do you see God working through your life? Do you see yourself, or do you see Jesus Christ as your intercessor?

To better grasp what you can be, you must strive to understand who He is. He gave of himself freely so that you and I could be free. Being rich before coming to earth, but putting on humanity and paying the price of the sins of the world. Only a loving God could become poor so that you and I could be rich.

I guess you could say that we, who live on this earth, were known in the eyes of God as poor. The love that He had for the world caused Him to have compassion. Therefore, He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ~ John 3 : 16

So, what should I say about being rich?  That I have a wonderful loving Father in heaven who looks at me through eyes of loving kindness!

 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. ~ Matthew 22: 36-40

Does this mean that we must allow evil to dominate our surrounding? By all means, No! But if one may be saved by love, all the more enjoyable in spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ!

God is good! If you have God in your heart, you strive to be more like Him!

© 2016 Laveda D. Rockford
     Dallas, Texas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockford Smiles: Christmas at our House | Laveda D. Rockford

Thanksgiving Thought | Laveda D. Rockford

I Live For Freedom | Laveda D. Rockford